Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Philly accents...

I don't know why but I have always had a horrible time dealing with the Philly accents and the South Jersey accents. But they make my skin crawl. I can't deal. And lately all the secretaries at work show up saying things like "wooder" (water) "liberry" (library) "cawfee" (coffee) drive me absolutely insane. There is just something about it that drives me nuts.

Maybe I spent too much time in school. Who knows. I know my grammar is not perfect but the sounds are awful.

2 comments:

Wide Lawns said...

I was just up there this weekend and I hate that accent too. I think it sounds so ugly and crass.

Upside Down said...

It does. Two of the librarians I work with have the accent too and use it at work. The worst part is that they were both English majors in college.